I'm also stuck at the same point.
I've tried installing the Oracle 9i client in all of the available configurations, including going into custom and then selecting everything, but whatever I do the complaint about missing headers is the same.
Can anyone please shed some light on this?
NB I'm running this on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, with the latest Perl and DBI successfully installed. Oracle client version is 220.127.116.11
> Have you found out how to install DBD successfully?
Not yet, am now tearing my hair out about this :-(
Surely someone has managed to get Oracle::DBD working with the Oracle 9.2.0 client on Linux? If they have, I 'd love to know how.....
I've read through your postings, but there is not nearly enough information to debug your problem. The original post only shows expected results, not errors. I just tried installing on a RedHat Linux AS v3 system that has Oracle 9.2 to see if there were any difficulties.
First, did you install Oracle 9.2 correctly. You need more than Oracle client. There is no need to create a database, but you need more than a runtime software tree.
Second, are you on Unix or Linux? What version exactly?
Third, it would be a good idea to export a few environment variables:
export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle (or whereever you put it)
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 (don't ask me why, but it can make a difference)
Fourth, install DBI-1.48 from CPAN. You are required to have one DBI installed before installing a DBD. It is done in the usual way, see the README.
Five, install DBD-Oracle-1.16 from CPAN. Before running "make test", you need to:
Thanks for the help!
I had real trouble trying to work out exactly what Oracle components I needed in order to get DBD::Oracle installed. However, after a few dozen Googles I eventually came across:
From there I discovered that what I had to do after installing the Oracle client was grab this file from Disk2 of the installation media:
Then a "mkdir public" in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms, cd into public. cp the jar file into public and jar xvf it.
After that, and setting ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_USERID correctly as you suggested, lo and behold DBD::Oracle fianlly installed :-)
A simpler way to do this might just be to re-run runInstaller from your Disk 1 staging area.
Then minimally pick 18.104.22.168 Client, then Administrator (Runtime did not provide pro*c libraries).
Choose Custom, and note that by default OCI - Oracle Call Interface -is not installed.
Installed OCI to get the appropriate .h files, and then the make for DBD-Oracle with 22.214.171.124 worked fine.