I'm actually back here looking to see if I can find what versions of TagLib C++ are known to work with Audio::TagLib 1.61.
I started with TagLib C++ 1.7.2, Currently working with 1.6.3. I can get them both to compile standalone (outside the Audio::TagLib build process), but not within. Same build tools!
Why does it need to be built again???
Should I not just be able to point it to the libs and includes that are already built???
The biggest problem I see is the use of TagLib C++'s 'taglib-config' script ... it needs to be multi platform, else a unix shell command processor would have to be installed on Windows systems, something I am not in favor of!
I would love to help, even have the time, I have several different flavors of windows and FreeBSD in front of me that are all capable of development or testing, unfortunately my build process skills may not be enough at this point in time! I'm working on changing that.
I'm willing to do what ever it takes!
Want me to do / try something specific ... PLEASE SAY SO!
I have been hacking away at makefile.pl, it runs to successful completion by removing the calls to the taglib-config script and hardcoding the values.
At that point I am guessing where to go next, I do not know the process!
So I tried dmake, dmake runs for a bit and ultimately fails with "Error code 129, while making 'TagLib.o'".
There are lots of errors though:
(I just noticed the FIRST include to g++ is missing the '-I' ... Have to go fix that)
(g++ -c -IC:\strawberry\c\include -I./include)